Like the skin of the face, the skin of the body has its own characteristics: on the back it is almost always oily, on the stomach it quickly loses its tone, and on the legs and ankles it suffers from dryness. How to take into account all her whims and needs? First of all, you need a special dermatocosmetics for the body. Moreover, high quality.
Body care starts with ... no, not with a run into a beauty store. First, decide what exactly your skin is lacking, and consider the trio of the most important selection criteria: skin type, application area and composition.
First of all, it is worth separating the concepts of "dryness" and "dehydration".
- Dryness is a permanent property of the skin, its type. Dry skin lacks, first of all, nutrition, which will compensate for the lack of its own lipids.
- Dehydration is a temporary skin condition. Dehydrated skin needs hydration.
Any type of skin can be dehydrated. At the same time, dryness increases in normal, dry becomes dull and flakes, and oily begins to shine even more (to make up for the lack of moisture, the sebaceous glands secrete more sebum).
The main disadvantages of oily and problem skin are increased greasiness, enlarged pores and a tendency to inflammation. Face, chest, shoulders and back are at risk. The problem is so widespread that in Western dermatology there is even a special term for acne on the back - bakne (from the English back - back).
Caring for oily and problem skin begins with exfoliation. A body scrub or gummage will help remove dead cells and prevent blockages of the sebaceous glands. Just do not use them during inflammation so as not to aggravate the situation!
For cleansing, it is better to use not soap (it is known to dry out the skin), but an oil-free shower gel.
Remember to moisturize your skin, but use an oil-free product with a light melting texture.
Be sure to include dermatocosmetics with anti-inflammatory and matting ingredients in your beauty ritual for body care: white clay, salicylic acid, zinc.
Sensitive is the skin that reacts sharply to external and internal factors. She easily blushes and gets irritated, peels off, suffers from a feeling of tightness after bathing and is extremely picky about the composition of body care cosmetics: it must be hypoallergenic, without fragrances and parabens.
For delicate exfoliation, products with fruit acids are suitable (abrasive particles can damage sensitive skin), and for moisturizing and nourishment - products with soothing ingredients. For example, aloe or allantoin.
Do you have normal skin? Congratulations, you hit the jackpot! To care for her, it is enough to follow the rules of hygiene and do not forget about regular moisturizing and gentle exfoliation 1-2 times a week.
Of course, all the useful components cannot be enumerated, and a list of the length of an ancient Greek manuscript is not very interesting to read. Here are the components that can (and should!) Be contained in dermatocosmetics for body care.
- Oils (shea, argan, almond, sunflower, macadamia, rose) - nourish, save from dryness and flaking.
- Vitamins A, E, C - antioxidants.
- Fruit acids - provide mild exfoliation.
- Caffeine - has a drainage effect, enhances microcirculation.
- Hyaluronic acid - moisturizes.
- Aloe - prevents dehydration, softens and soothes the skin.
- Glycerin - has a moisturizing effect, does not allow moisture to evaporate.
- Seaweed extract - stimulates collagen production, restores elasticity to the skin.
- Squalane - restores the skin's hydrolipidic barrier.